Sunday, March 6, 2011

Ok ok, enough of the peer pressure!!

Ok, so for months my friends have been pressuring me into starting a blog. As a momma of 3 children 4 and under, I felt like it was just one thing to add to the hectic-ness of life. But then a friend from church's blog spoke to me . I have never been a crafty type. EVER. And probably will never be. I admit (as much as it makes me feel like a huge slacker mom), I have never, nor will I probably ever scrapbook or do baby books. Just not my thing. But my friend Jami's blog really convicted me about how I am the keeper of my families memories. Wow. A job I have really been slacking at. I take lots of pictures, but I don't write down those really cute and wonderful things that happen day to day. And I also don't write of those hard, gut wrenching things we go through either. So hats off to you friends, your peer pressure has worked!

So my friend Jayna is the genius behind my blog name. For those of you who don't know me that well, you will be surprised to learn of my love of fermentation. Dairy products, condiments, salsa, breads, anything and everything! Our family follows a Weston Price/traditional diet (more on that here), and a cornerstone of the diet is fermented foods. My husband has actually been known to question my tactics, declaring "Do we have to ferment EVERYTHING!?!?". Yes sweet man. Yes we do :)

That is all for now. My goal is to introduce myself later this week, and also my amazing family. Hope you all have a blessed week!

2 comments:

  1. I am proud of you lady :) and I am LOVING the color of your background...I knew your blog would be purdy! Can't wait to see what wonderfullness you share with the world- you have a lot to give!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! :) Jami strikes again! Ha!

    And Evelyn is rocking out to your playlist.

    ReplyDelete